Emergency services were unable to save a sports coach, who seems to have miscalculated his dose of energy drink. The 29-year-old father had ordered a 100-gram pack of caffeine powder from a UK sporting goods outlet. The coach’s digital scale was out by 2 grams… that difference, unfortunately, proved fatal for him; almost immediately after drinking his concoction, he had severe chest pains and collapsed. On examination, the quantity of caffeine in his blood was found to be 392 mg per litre, or around 200 cups of coffee. The maker of the caffeine powder has taken the tragedy onboard, improving the product’s instructions for use and including a special measuring scoop (which didn’t exist before the incident).